Friday, July 08, 2005

Too soon for a 7seater?

Amidst the feeling of not being sure if I made the right choice or not, I signed up a booking for one. After waiting for 3 weeks, and a few more trips to the showroom, we had finally driven in one, yesterday. To justify my decision of either getting one or not, a blog from 5xmomserved as a good guide/reminder. Anyway, it was done, and here are the reasons why a 7-seater eventhough that 5-seater Wira may still serves the purpose of getting us around:

1. The new baby is due in about 3 months. I try to strictly follow the guidelines of the use of child restraints in car. It was not advisable to put kids under 12 years old in the front passenger's seat, so now all 3 of them would have to be at the back.
My experience with the two kids, it was always best for me to sit beside the baby especially in long trips. That means I have to be at the back sometimes. That's when the 3rd row is needed.

2. The use of child restraints is still new to most of us. I'm having difficult time to convince 'tumpang'ing relatives who always offer to carry my child on their laps. So I hope with 2 extra seats available, I won't have problems with that. We do balik kampung quite frequently, so it helps.

3. Price of MPVs will go up again, the road tax/insurance of the Wira expired in July...so now is the time!

4. We plan to have another baby in about 2 years time....and off course we need an at least a 6-seater.

Emmm...can't think of any other reasons. So basically, it is because of the kids!
Happy with the new car, I got to drive it first time while going to work this morning. Anyway, what would made it memorable was I shed some tears during the drive, as I just got the news about the bombing in London:(.

8 Comments:

Blogger ibuVouge said...

sorry puan..

Can u give me the e-mail, YM .I would like to learn from u how u handle tandem nursing..My baby also will come in 3 month..I WANT to do tandem nursing..
my E-mail aina_nailofar@yahoo.com
sorry to interrupt here

12:39 PM  
Blogger amira shasmeen said...

Congratulations on your new car. Mesti best!!

I also sometimes face the tumpanging problem ... selalunya buat muka kering aje .... coz in our family ... both sides .. Amira is the first to use the car seat. So they cannot see what the fuss is all about ...

1:08 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

ibuvogue...I will blog about tandem-nursing once I'm ready;). In the meantime, continue reading in mymomsbest. I will also send you an email.

Thanks...best memang best but wait till we finish the full tank that's been given free by the dealer, see if it is a juice-guzzler, also wait when we need to change the disc-brakes and also the 16-inch tyres...then only know best ke tidak!
Anyway, in the meantime, enjoy aje la and bersyukur!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Buaya69 said...

so you and hubby got the nabira? review review review! ;)

3:52 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

yes, yes, yes belacan...heard a lot of good reviews on it before deciding. Give me some time to write...maklum la kekok a bit la to write about car!
Meantime can read here if you want:www.autoworld.com.my, go to Chevy station...they got 127 pages of discussion there (so far la), very informative!
Also can start finding an excuse to get one MPV...the best is off course, an addition to the family members;)

5:56 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

Waaahhh kereta baru syok yea ! except when trying to park ... ha ha ha i hv an oddesey as a "present" for the 4th boy . ended up swapping the car w/ my sister's kelisa on working days. anyway as you say - bersyukur dan enjoy while we hv the means to pay. kut nanti sengkek sikit, kita adjustlah accordingly :)

3:22 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

ha ha Ninuk...think I should add a bit on the 'bersyukur' part...bersyukur for the bank loan;)! About parking, so far I'm ok as parking in the campus, hardly find side parking lot. Anyway, not much difference from driving a sedan (saiz dia a bit like Waja only, except for the height!).
Now the prob is my parents make a surprise today, they are here at my bro's place...happy to see them, but thought of not informing anyone in the family (my side) as long as we can (or at least till we fix 3 carseats at 2nd row)...maklum la sure kena, anak baru nak masuk 3...sudah sibuk nak beli MPV!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Cherry said...

Prof Ros - long time planning and strategy. Hv more kids first baru beli MPV or now that we hv MPV hv to add more kids ... chicken and egg ... mana-manalah Prof - asal bahagia dan tak lupa bersyukur - korek or not ?

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home