Friday, November 16, 2007

A joke hubby made

Last night, I was happy to see that a shop in the Langkawi airport sells Ladybird's Key Words Reading Scheme book series and bought one for Bea1. The two elder girls call it Peter and Jane but it is "Jeng" for Bea3.

Bea1's kindy teacher mentioned that they teach using the books to a certain level for the 5-year-olds, and change to another series of the similar stuff called "Kathy and Merk (not sure of the spelling, it does not sound like a name anyway!)" for the 6-year-olds class.
To my surprise last night, I also saw another called "Paul and Mary".

I mentioned that to hubby this morning on the way to work and told him I wondered if there were another versions of similar reading scheme out there. And he said...

"It's possible...maybe they have something like Ahmad and Salamah. This is Ahmad, this is Salamah. Ahmad likes Salamah. Salamah likes Ahmad...."

Well, maybe it is not that funny but to me it is enough to put a smile on my face after having done KL-Langkawi like I do KL-Bangi (that's what someone at the conference said) 3 times in less than a week, and had to wake up a few times last night to attend to Bea2 who vomited a few times.

Have a great weekend everyone! Tomorrow, I will get hubby and the girls to watch Bee Movie while Adel and me do Ikea. Nice....;)

4 Comments:

Blogger D said...

oh, pleaseeeeee!!!! I'd chuck away all Peter and Jane books which are so unrealistic. I think there are much better ones now in the market. I know it works but still...

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can start bea 2 on 1a as well. My younger one started on 1a this week and it's the first time she actually pay attention to words in a book. She wants B to read to her now cos he make funny tones when reading the words. Happy reading!

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol i SAW the SAME book at the penguin warehouse sale last weekend!!! Reminded me of my primary skool...

6:38 PM  
Blogger mama23beas said...

d...agree, but I wanted something similar to what they use in the school. Thx for reminding though, I should spend more time to look for interesting books.

mrs b...yes, the guys are always better with making funny tones right? Anyway, I prefer not to start that early as the school only does it for 5 year old class. Don wan my kid to get bored pulak.

Simon...that means you read all those, er...I only start learning ABC at 7, and my kampung got no kindy one.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home